It takes the shots for you
i-Port Advance™ injection port lets you take your medication without having to puncture your skin for each shot. It’s easy to apply and easy to use. The port can be worn for up to three days and during all normal activities, including exercising, sleeping, and bathing.
Just one application every three days
i-Port Advance™ injection port is easy to apply. It includes a built-in inserter, which gives you a quick application. Only a soft flexible tube, called a cannula, stays under the skin. Once applied, you inject your medication through the port instead of your skin (no medication is stored inside the device2).
i-Port Advance™ injection port is small and discreet, and sticks to you like an adhesive bandage.
Imagine only one puncture every three days
You can easily take multiple injections with just one application.
Reduce the number of punctures from up to 15 to 1 over three days.
i-Port Advance™ injection port.
Before: Every shot interrupted her busy schedule
After: Less scar tissue, a more convenient way to take insulin, while still enjoying her favorite water activities.
Pharmacist with type 1 diabetes for 20 years
What to know about the i-Port Advance™ injection port
It’s a small and discreet patch that sticks to you like an adhesive bandage. You change the port every three days. This means you don’t need to poke your skin every single time you need to take a shot.
- Those newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes who are not ready for a pump.
- Also, if you have type 2 diabetes and are new to taking insulin, this is a great way to improve the transition to taking shots.
- Anyone who experiences the emotional challenges of shots like fear, anxiety, and stress or the physical impact of shots like bruising, scarring, or pain.
- It’s especially beneficial to children and their loved ones, who often get anxiety when it’s time to take a shot.
If you take an average of five shots a day, you can reduce the number of times you poke yourself from 150 to 10 in just one month! That’s 93% less pokes.
The built-in serter will guide the application process. Click here for the instructional video. The abdomen, upper thighs, back of arms, hips, and upper buttocks are all good locations. Once the port is applied, you can put the needle of your syringe or pen through the port any time you need a shot.
You can continue your activities like exercising, sleeping, and bathing as you normally would.
You can use the port with pens or syringes. Needles need to be 5–8 mm (3/16-5/16”) in length and 32–28 gauge.
In a patient survey: 98% think it’s comfortable to wear, 99% say that it’s more beneficial than shots, and 100% reported that it helps decrease anxiety.2
Life with shots just got easier.
93% fewer needle pokes.
Based on 150 injections per month versus 10 insertions per month.
Reduce the anxiety of multiple daily injections.2
1. Hanas R, Adolfsson P, Elfvin-Akesson K et al. Indwelling catheters used from the onset of diabetes decrease injection pain and pre-injection anxiety. J Pediatr. 2002;140(3)315-320
2. Riley D, Raup G. Impact of a subcutaneous injection device on improving patient care. Nurs Manage. 2010;41(6):49-54
3. Cost based on 1 box of 10 i-Port™ Advance injection ports per month
* The testimonial above relates an account of an individual's experience using a Medtronic device. The account is genuine, typical and documented. However, this individual's experience does not provide any indication, guide, warranty or guarantee as to the response or experience other people may have using the device. The experience other individuals have with the device could be different. Experiences can and do vary. Please talk to your doctor about your condition and the risks and benefits of Medtronic devices.
Actor portrayal for demonstration purposes only.
Safety Information: i-Port Advance™ injection port
i-Port Advance™ injection port is indicated for patients who administer or receive multiple daily subcutaneous injections of physician prescribed medications, including insulin. The device may remain in place for up to 72 hours to accommodate multiple injections without the discomfort of additional needle sticks. i-Port Advance™ injection port may be used on a wide range of patients, including adults and children. For more, please see http://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/important-safety-information.