Get the rest your body needs with features that can help make managing diabetes easier.
MiniMed™ 780G system is FDA approved
The only system with meal detection technology£ that automatically adjusts and corrects† sugar levels every 5 minutes§.
No fingersticks when using the new Guardian™ 4 sensor with SmartGuard™ technology.ß
The MiniMed™ 770G System
Everyone's experience with diabetes is different. Our goal is to provide you with the level of support you want to help reach your therapy goals.
An active life with MiniMed™ 770G system
– Rukiyyah’s story.
A pilot’s life for Marc with the MiniMed™ 770G system
– Marc’s story
Powered by you.
Personalized for you.
Get personalized insights delivered to you.
Exclusively for individuals using the MiniMed™ 770G insulin pump and Guardian™ sensor 3.
SmartGuard™ tech helps prevent highs and lows*
See insulin delivery and sugar trends on your smartphone
For people living with diabetesYour diabetes data can now be viewed on your smartphone*, allowing you to easily track your sugar levels and get notified on your phone if you are going high or low.
Current sugar reading
Insulin delivery history
Sugar trend over time
Time in target range
Average glucose value
What’s the difference between the MiniMed™ 770G system and the MiniMed™ 670G system? A lot!
MiniMed™ 670G system
MiniMed™ 770G system
The MiniMed™ 770G system is approved for people with type 1 diabetes ages 2 and above. Learn more about insulin pump therapy for children. If you are considering using only an insulin pump, the MiniMed™ 630G system with optional CGM may be a better fit. Please note that the MiniMed™ 630G is only approved for ages 14+. If you are considering using only CGM, consider the Guardian™ Connect CGM system.
Yes. The MiniMed™ 770G system transmits data to your smartphone via wireless technology.
The MiniMed™ 770G system, sometimes referred to as a hybrid closed loop system, automatically adjusts delivery of basal (background) insulin based on CGM sensor glucose values. This means that the pump gets glucose readings from the CGM automatically, and then delivers a variable rate of insulin 24 hours a day based on your personal needs.* This integrated system – meaning having a pump and a CGM that speak to one another - may help reduce both high and low glucose levels.*
Yes, Medicare has expanded CGM coverage* for Medicare customers. Customers can now order CGM and sensors through Medicare for Medtronic integrated systems, which includes the MiniMedTM 770G insulin pump system.
*For any Managed Medicare plans that don’t have coverage, our Medtronic CGM Access Discount Program will be available to receive CGM and sensors at a low cost. Terms and conditions apply.
Using the system does not completely replace fingersticks, but you will likely check your blood glucose (BG) less frequently than when using multiple daily injections. Readings from a blood glucose meter are required to calibrate the sensor 2-4 times a day to make sure the glucose sensor maintains accuracy over time and always when making a treatment decision.
When you use an insulin pump, you have a dramatic reduction in injections – by up to 90%*. The infusion set that attaches to your body contains a small, flexible cannula that is inserted under the skin and changed every 2-3 days. A CGM glucose sensor is inserted up to 7 days.
* Assumes four injections per day for 30 days and one infusion set change every two to three days.
The MiniMed™ 770G system offers advanced automation – known as SmartGuard™ Auto Mode. The system is also compatible with most smartphones, allowing you to view CGM and insulin data on the go.
1. To start your order, please fill out the form on this page. We’ll reach out to answer any questions you have, discuss out-of-pocket costs, and start the ordering process if you’d like to move forward.
2. Once the system is purchased and shipped, we will work with you to schedule your training. We have a robust clinical support team who can conduct training.
3. Once you’re trained, we will continue to support you throughout your journey with us. We will provide ongoing educational resources and also offer a dedicated Technical Support team available 24/7.
Check out this page for more info on insulin pump therapy.
The MiniMed™ 770G system is enabled for future software upgrades, when such software upgrades are available. Customers will be offered a software upgrade at no charge through April 27, 2024.∆
|At the time of manufacture and when the reservoir and tubing are properly inserted, your pump is waterproof. It is protected against the effects of being underwater to a depth of up to 12 feet (3.6 meters) for up to 24 hours. This is classified as IPX8 rating. See user guide for more details. The sensor and transmitter are water-resistant at 8 feet (2.4 meters) for up to 30 minutes. CGM readings may not be transmitted from the CGM to the pump while in water.
|The MiniMed™ 770G insulin pump system is designed to withstand most conditions encountered in your daily life. Pump storage temperature range is from -4 °F (-20 °C) to 122 °F (50 °C). Air pressure range is from 700 hPa to 1060 hPa (10.2 psi to 15.4 psi).
|Rapid-acting U100 insulin (Humalog® and NovoLog®) that has been prescribed by a healthcare professional.
|Basal Rate Delivery
|0 to 35 units per hour or the Max Basal Rate amount, whichever is lower.
|Battery & Power
|The pump requires one new AA (1.5 V) battery. For best results, use a new AA lithium (FR6) battery. The pump also accepts an AA alkaline (LR6) or a fully charged AA NiMH (HR6) nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery.
|At any time you can review 90 days of pump history.
|The pump dimensions in inches are approximately 2.1 width x 3.78 length x 0.96 depth. The weight of the pump is approximately 3 ounces.
|Medtronic reservoir MMT-332A, 3.0 ml (300-unit)
|Medtronic Diabetes provides a variety of infusion sets to fit your needs.
|Guardian™ Link 3 Transmitter
|Used with your sensor for continuous glucose monitoring (CGM). This device connects to a glucose sensor. It collects data measured by the sensor and wirelessly sends this data to the pump.
|Guardian™ Sensor 3
|Used with your pump for CGM. The sensor is a small part of the continuous glucose monitoring system that you insert just below your skin to measure glucose levels in your interstitial fluid.
|Many accessories are available that can help you wear your pump in the way that's comfortable for you. See our collection of accessories.
|Accu-Chek® Guide Link Blood Glucose Meter
|The MiniMed™ 770G system comes with a compatible meter. Accurate test results are sent wirelessly to the pump for quick sensor calibration.
* Refers to SmartGuard™ Auto Mode. Some user interaction required. Individual results may vary.
** Automated sharing available when linked to healthcare provider's account.
∆ Program eligibility requirements and terms and conditions apply. Subject to change.
Software Upgrade Terms and Conditions:
- This program allows MiniMed™ 770G system users a software upgrade at no charge within one year from the date of this software approval. Software approval will be announced.
- Software upgrade process is subject to change. The process may result in healthcare provider office visit and may result in out-of-pocket expenses such as co-pay, depending on insurance coverage. The process may require the completion of product related training.
- This program includes the insulin pump software only. CGM products and consumables are not included in this offer.
- Warranty dates do not reset. The replacement warranty date of an insulin pump upgraded with the software will remain the same as the replacement warranty date of the initial pump purchased. Your warranty date does not impact eligibility for a software update.
- MiniMed™ pumps and software have certain labeling restrictions that may exclude certain populations, including age and type of diabetes. We recommend you consult your healthcare provider regarding your eligibility to receive the software upgrade based on the labeling of the upgrade, which may differ from the labeling of the MiniMed™ 770G pump.
- Insurance coverage and plan design varies and may impact the ability to upgrade. Coverage is contingent upon your health insurance medical policy guidelines. Restrictions and medical necessity requirements may apply.
- A valid prescription will be required for this software upgrade. All participants should consult their healthcare provider for all therapy related decisions.
- Program terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice. Other restrictions may apply.
Important Safety Information: MiniMed™ 770G System With SmartGuard™ Technology
The MiniMed™ 770G system is intended for continuous delivery of basal insulin (at user selectable rates) and administration of insulin boluses (in user selectable amounts) for the management of type 1 diabetes mellitus in persons two years of age and older requiring insulin as well as for the continuous monitoring and trending of glucose levels in the fluid under the skin. The MiniMed™ 770G System includes SmartGuard™ technology, which can be programmed to automatically adjust delivery of basal insulin based on continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) sensor glucose values (SG) and can suspend delivery of insulin when the SG value falls below or is predicted to fall below predefined threshold values.
The Medtronic MiniMed™ 770G System consists of the following devices: MiniMed™ 770G Insulin Pump, the Guardian™ Link (3) Transmitter, the Guardian™ Sensor (3), one-press serter, the Accu-Chek® Guide Link blood glucose meter, and the AccuChek®Guide Test Strips. The system requires a prescription.
The Guardian™ Sensor (3) has not been evaluated and is not intended to be used directly for making therapy adjustments, but rather to provide an indication of when a fingerstick may be required. All therapy adjustments should be based on measurements obtained using a blood glucose meter and not on values provided by the Guardian™ Sensor (3).
All therapy adjustments should be based on measurements obtained using the Accu-Chek® Guide Link blood glucose meter and not on values provided by the Guardian™ Sensor (3). Always check the pump display to ensure the glucose result shown agrees with the glucose results shown on the Accu-Chek® Guide Link blood glucose meter. Do not calibrate your CGM device or calculate a bolus using a blood glucose meter result taken from an alternative site. It is not recommended to calibrate your CGM device when sensor or blood glucose values are changing rapidly, e.g., following a meal or physical exercise.
WARNING: Do not use the SmartGuard™ Auto Mode for people who require less than 8 units or more than 250 units of total daily insulin per day. A total daily dose of at least 8 units, but no more than 250 units, is required to operate in SmartGuard™ Auto Mode.
WARNING: Do not use the MiniMed™ 770G system until appropriate training has been received from a healthcare professional. Training is essential to ensure the safe use of the MiniMed™ 770G system.
Pump therapy is not recommended for people whose vision or hearing does not allow recognition of pump signals and alarms. Pump therapy is not recommended for people who are unwilling or unable to maintain contact with their healthcare professional. The safety of the MiniMed™ 770G system has not been studied in pregnant women. For complete details of the system, including product and important safety information such as indications, contraindications, warnings and precautions associated with system and its components, please consult https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/important-safetyinformation#minimed-770g and the appropriate user guide at https://www.medtronicdiabetes.com/download-library